Hello my fellow Outlander lovers. Have you been watching the new TV series on Starz? I don’t know about you but I have been waiting years for this series to hit the screens. So far I have not been disappointed in the cross over from book to screen (you know how that goes..usually). Tonight will mark the seventh episode-the much anticipated wedding of Jaimie and Claire. So I felt that today’s blog should be all about Outlander and Scotland! Enjoy and feast your eyes on some of my picks for “themed decor'”.
1. Castle Leoch Trestle Table- Those wonderful feasts take place on some beautiful rustic hand crafted tables. I’d eat off those tables anytime. (if I can bring my sanitizing wipes..of course)
Trestle Table by Go Home Ltd
2. Now, where would all the clansman be without their greatest companions-the horses. Beautiful and helpful they are indeed!
Horse Artwork by Leftbank Art
3. Claire, Gallis and Mrs. Fitz have to have somewhere to put all the herbs, plants, and fruits they pick, right?
Extra Large Beach Basket by Pottery Barn
4. The Candle Chandeliers that are present in the castle are pretty amazing. And doesn’t everyone look good by candlelight?
Eighteen Light Candle Scavo Candle Chandelier by The Lighting and Fan Store
5. Herb, herbs and more herbs. Not only can they be a delicious additive to recipes but they also help Claire with medicinal needs as well. Plus they look great in any kitchen.
6. Those Highlands can get quite cold. Fur pillows and throws are a must to survive those cold nights.
7. And last but certainly not least is the Tartan. Jaimie, Kilt…need I say more!
Probably the most Scottish inspired decor there is. Believe me when I tell you I have greatly paired back my picks on tartan….you might have just been inundated with tartan wallpaper, fabric, bedding and everything that relates to home decor. But I kept it simple.
MacLeod Tartan Blanket by Ralph Lauren
Until Next time my Outlander friends!
Stayed tuned for part 2 of Outlander themed decor.